Terms & Conditions
- The hirer of the vehicle shall be responsible for the conduct of all passengers. Greyline Chauffeurs have the right to refuse carriage to passengers under the influence of alcohol or drugs the actions of which could be considered a danger to the driver and passengers travelling in the vehicle.
- It is not permitted to carry or consume food or drink in the passenger compartment of the vehicle with the exception of bottled water.
- In accordance with the law on smoking in public places, smoking is not permitted in the vehicle.
- Cash, debit & credit cards are all acceptable forms of payment. We accept UK Pounds (Sterling) when paying with cash. If you wish to pay by credit/debit card you can pay in advance over the telephone. Please note we no longer accept cheques as payment.
- Payments for non cash transactions are required at the time of booking and at least 1 working days prior to departure.
- Unscheduled variations to the agreed times and/or itinerary may incur additional costs. We reserve the right to invoice or charge to the hirers’ credit/debit card the additional costs incurred due to the variations to the original schedule.
- Waiting Time will be charged at £30.00 per hour or part thereof following a reasonable allowance beyond the agreed meeting time. This is usually considered to be one hour after the flight has landed.
- Greyline Chauffeurs will not accept responsibility for missed flights for any reason. It is your responsibility to allow enough time when making arrangements to arrive at the airport on time. When making a booking we advise passengers to observe check in times supplied by your airline and add travel time to arrive as check in opens. Whilst every effort will be made to arrive at the customers address or destination on time, Greyline Chauffeurs shall not be liable for late arrival or cancellation due to circumstances beyond its control. In the event of unforeseen delays the company will endeavour to contact the hirer by telephone. It shall be the hirers’ responsibility to allow adequate time to reach their destination. We strongly recommend that travel insurance be taken out where appropriate.
- All passengers are required by law to wear the seat belts provided in the vehicle. We also request that children & infants travel in an appropriate child restraint whilst travelling in the vehicle. A note on the law and child restraints. The law requires all children travelling in cars to use the correct child restraint until they are either 135cm in height or the age of 12 (which ever they reach first). There are very few exceptions to this, one of which being when in a licensed taxi or private hire vehicle. The law states that if a child restraint is unavailable, a child under 3 can travel unrestrained in the back and children between 3 & 12 must use the vehicle seat belt. This is more for practical reasons rather than from a safety aspect. We do not provide our own seats for children , but we will be happy to offer a store & return service for your own child’s seat for your journey to the airport.
- To cancel a booking you must contact us (please, see the “Contacts” page) and speak to a member of the team. We will confirm your cancellation once received and credit you with any refund in accordance with our policy below. Greyline Chauffeurs will accept booking cancellations up to 7 days before the time of travel without incurring cancellation charges. If cancellation is made within 7 days of the chosen travel time, the full amount will be charged and will not be refundable. ).
- Service in London. All London boroughs operate strict rules on parking etc. It is the hirer’s responsibility to meet his driver at the arranged time. All penalty charges occurred by this not being the case i.e.the driver being forced to wait at inappropriate places, the hirer will be responsible for all such penalty charges and this amount will be charged to the hirer.
- You agree to pay all legal counselling fees, litigation fees, legal fees, costs, accounting fees, expenses and disbursements for all actions taken prior to, during and subsequent to the initiation of legal proceedings to collect payments due in cases of non-payment.
- There are occasions when we may need to provide subcontracted vehicles. We may need to change your driver or vehicle at any point of the booking.
- Between the hours of 00.01 and 05.30 and Saturday and Sunday and all public holidays extra charges will apply to all bookings please check at the time of booking to confirm rates
- Invoice Terms
All payments for work undertaken are due in advance of travel.Credits expire after six months. All accounts are payable 7 days from the date of invoice. We reserve the right to add a £50.00 non payment charge plus interest to all unpaid invoices. If you have difficulty paying your invoice please get in touch as soon as possible to avoid extra charges.